– The anatomy of the heart, blood, blood vessels, heartbeat, conduction system, coronary arteries, and heart valves.
Diagnosing Heart Disease
– Descriptions of the many tools used to diagnose heart disease, including advanced imaging techniques and diagnostic cardiac catheterization.
– From angina to vulnerable plaque, cardiovascular diseases are complex disorders that affect millions of Americans.
How Healthy is your Heart?
– Take this quiz to learn about the many factors that influence heart health.
Managing Heart Disease
– The relationship between heart disease and cholesterol, smoking, obesity, physical inactivity, stress, and alcohol consumption.
– Medicines used to control blood pressure, heart rate, cholesterol, blood clotting, and the many other physiological processes involved in heart disease and heart health.
Treatment of Heart Disease
– Modern medicine has produced truly amazing interventional procedures and cardiovascular and thoracic surgeries to treat or cure heart disease.
Who are the Heart Doctors?
– What is the difference between a cardiologist and a cardiothoracic surgeon?